Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tweed, my dear.

Every time fall comes around I start seeing tweed all over the place. However, this year it's different. It's not old lady clothing that I am seeing. I'm seeing glamorized, youthful cuts of fabric this year. I've seen some great tweed minis and even some beautiful tweed jackets.

Before, tweed was the type of fabric my mother would wear. "Tweed?" I'd say, "Absurd!" but now I'm thinking that maybe tweed isn't so bad. Especially in a cute mini pictured here.

There's been a nice update on a tweed jacket as well. This cute funnel jacket looks great in the material. It's less, "polished" and more "stylish."

Tweed is even getting an update in color, it's not only coming in black and grey. Tweed comes in many colors, including this beautiful blue. This jacket even has gunmetal chain details, once again giving this fabric a much needed lesson in being more youthful.

If you want to be more earth friendly then find some tweed fashions on places like etsy.com. I found a fun boyfriend style jacket in tweed, which absolutely works for this season.Or celebrate this fabric's update with an awesome hat or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment